Yes!! OCTOBER is nearly here!!! Apart from beautiful colors on the trees, we may feel a bit under the weather sometime….. This is the time when we will need comfort food…and when I say comfort, I mean; hot soups, stews, pies and of course lets don’t forget about casseroles…I already love Autumn 😉 Yummy… Am getting hungry just thinking about it.
I came from home when cooking was a big part of my early years, all our produce was grown in our garden and I can proudly say nearly 100% organic. It’s kind of bazaar, I used to complain how much work does it takes to grow your own veg and fruit, now I live in the big city and I really miss it!!….although I still try to buy organic fresh produce from the shops and local markets, still I would appreciate more my own fresh veg.
Anyway, as a mum I make sure my son gets healthy home cooked meals every day (well nearly every day, on Friday we have take away as its our family move night) on week days I am trying my best to cook, and usually after chaotic long day I need something, easy, fast but also full of flavor and lets don’t forget to mention healthy!!….And we know how picky kids can be sometime. So I came with this simple recipe My hot pepper soup, great for the whole family, perfect when you feel under the weather and you need TLC. I usually serve it with toast, but its up to you really.
What you will need:
- 3 red peppers
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 or 2 chili peppers (depends how spicy you like your food)
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic clove
- 1 liter of chicken or veg. stock
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tea spoon thyme
- 1 tea spoon of sweet paprika
- 1 spoon of tomato pure
How to make my soup:
- Wash all your vegetables and chop them (as shown on the picture above) if you have food processor use it for onion and garlic ( I don’t like to cry lol)
- Into the pan add knob of butter or oil (whatever you like) and then add first onion and garlic already finally chopped.
- After few minutes add the rest of veg. then keep staring time to time and pan fry for 5 to 8 minutes, till nice and soft.
- After all that hard work (right?:-) add the soften vegetables to your stock and leave to cook for another 20-25 minutes.
- And in the end when your soup is cooked, blend it all !! That’s all!!! please taste and season to your own preferences.
How easy was that? You have just made yourself delicious soup. Well done to you!!!
I attach few more pictures below, but really I believe you will do great! Let me know if you enjoyed!