Did you know that: Leeks are an excellent source of vitamin K. They are very good source of manganese, vitamin B6, copper, iron, folate and vitamin C. Leeks are also a good source of vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids, dietary fiber, magnesium, vitamin E, calcium and omega-3 fatty acids…
Leeks health benefits includes improving eye health, preventing cataracts, keeping skin clean and healthy, supporting cardiovascular health, lowering blood pressure, preventing anemia, and relieving inflammation. Other benefits includes improving bone health, supporting kidney function, managing type 2 diabetes, preventing cancer, aiding weight loss and improving digestion. Not bad for such an unused vegetable….
So that why I thought I will share with you, my creamy chicken and leek pasta dish.!!Which was my first dish I actually learned how to cook when I was working in French restaurant (in my early 20’s, long time ago lol )
Its fast to cook, you only need a few ingredients, plus some seasoning. Mostly important, its got one of your five a day. Well, is it ten now?!? I think recommend number of veg and fruit a day went up. Anyway this dish is something all your family will enjoy. I promise!
Also you can involve kids to help you in the kitchen. Why not!!! let them learn something new today !!
What you need:
- 2-3 medium leeks (washed, and finally chopped)
- 400g of chicken (diced)
- 150g-200g prawns (again washed and cleaned)
- 300ml. of double cream
- and of course pasta, I like fusili (use what ever pasta you like)
- 1 medium onion and 2 garlic cloves (finally diced)
For seasoning you need:
- salt, black pepper
- chicken or veg stock one cube
- parsley or dill (what ever you have available)
My cooking method:
- Melt a little bit of butter, or oil.
- When hot, add chopped finally onion and garlic.
- Next goes your chicken, stair time to time for 5min, then add earlier prepare leeks (again stair and cook for 6-8 min. till soften)
- Add cream and seasoning, keep staring and tasting.
- At last add finally chopped parsley or dill, for more flavor.
Takes: 30-40 Min.
And there we go, when your sauce is ready add earlier cooked pasta and stir all together, plate up and enjoy your family time….
How effortless was that?? Please keep me posted on your cooking 😉